CMCSS student report cards for the first nine weeks of the 2021-22 school year will be available on Wednesday, October 27. Parents/guardians will access report cards online using the CMCSS Parent Self-Service webpage at parents.cmcss.net.
If parents/guardians have issues accessing their child’s report card using CMCSS Parent Self-Service, they can contact their child’s enrolled school.
The report card available through Parent Self-Service is considered the official report card with comments for the grading period.
At any time, parents/guardians can check their student’s academic progress on PowerSchool. PowerSchool is the official grade book and attendance tracker for CMCSS. While some digital learning platforms have a grade book, please note that official grades will only be recorded in PowerSchool.
TNReady data from the 2020-21 school year will be sent home with your student(s) beginning Wednesday, October 27. Please contact your child’s enrolled school if you do not receive this information.
CREATING A POWERSCHOOL ACCOUNT
If you need to create a PowerSchool account, visit powerschool.cmcss.net, click the Create Account tab, and complete the form.
Families will need an Access Code for each child. Access codes can be obtained through the parents.cmcss.net portal by clicking on “Get Student Security Info” and following the steps listed in the video below.
PowerSchool Access Codes: https://ior.ad/7PBU
1. To begin, navigate to cmcss.net and click Students & Parents
2. Click Parents
3. Click Parent Self-Service
4. Scroll down and click on Get Student Security Info
5. Enter the student’s first name
6. Type Middle Name
7. Type Last Name
8. Click Month
9. Click Day
10. Click Year
11. Click Continue
12. Scroll undefined and click EnteredCode
13. Click Submit Code
14. Power School Access Code 1 will appear in this cell
15. Power School Access Code 2 will appear in this cell
16. That’s it. You’re done.
Here’s an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
If you are using the PowerSchool app, the CMCSS’ District Code is P Z Q N.
UNDERSTANDING POWERSCHOOL AND REPORT CARD ABBREVIATIONS
Families may see several abbreviations in PowerSchool, including:
- N(#) ex. N1, N2, etc. This is the student’s current grade in the nine weeks.
- S(#) ex. S1, S2, etc. This is the student’s semester grade, which includes the nine weeks combined. For high school students, this grade will reflect the semester credits earned for that period. This grade will also include mid-term exams when applicable.
- Y(#) ex. Y1. This refers to the student’s cumulative grade for the year.
- OT On-Track. Students in grades K – 5 may see this designation on their report cards.
- AE Approaching Expectations. Students in grades K – 5 may see this designation on their report cards.
- BE Below Expectations. Students in grades K – 5 may see this designation on their report cards.
Watch this video to understand the PowerSchool dashboard:
K-2 Standards-Based Iorad: https://ior.ad/7MKm
3-12 Traditional Grading Iorad: https://ior.ad/7O3p
Note: Students in grades 3 – 5 may be assigned a letter grade and have letter grades available through PowerSchool. Report cards may also display the OT, AE, or BE information under College and Career Readiness.